When it comes to bait, you need the best bass jigs on the end of the line to pull in the biggest bass. There’s several options on the market, so choosing the right bass jig for your needs can be tough. To help you with all your bass fishing needs, we have compiled a list of the top 12 best jigs that will more than likely provide you with some award-winning results each and every time you step out into the water (and yes, that includes shallow fishing as well as deep sea, because bass jigs are undeniably versatile!).
|Quick Overview: 12 Best Bass Jigs|
OUR TOP PICK!
|2. Wtrees #2700 Best Bass Jigs Set|
|3. Terminator Pro’s Jig|
|4. Swim Jigs with 3D Realistic Eyes|
|5. BiCO Box – Bass Fishing Jigs Set|
|6. Reaction Tackle Tungsten Flipping Jigs|
|7. BiCO Baccarac Jig|
|8. Heavy Mat Jig with Self-Righting Jig Head|
|9. Strike King Hack Attack Heavy Cover Jig Bait|
|10. Last Cast Tackle Tungsten Bass Flipping Jig|
|11. Booyah Baby Boo Jig|
|12. thkfish Fishing Jigs|
12 Best Bass Jigs Reviewed
1. BiCO Original Jig – Durable and Weedless
How many times have you been out bass fishing, only to realize your lure has got stuck in a weeded mess? That’s one way to end a fishing trip, and we know how frustrating it can be to ruin another lure from a weak bait that can’t handle the weeds; and that’s just one reason you may love the BiCo Original Jig.
But let’s be honest: there’s a lot of things to love about the BiCo Original Jig. Not only does this durable and sturdy jig make it a powerhouse through the toughest chunks of weeds, but they come with specifically designed OWNER hooks with are powerful and strong. The last thing to love about this bass jig is the design: the head goes in towards the eyelet, giving it a nose that slips through weeds with ease while the flatter bottom allows them to stand up straight with ease and skip across the sea without problem.
Aside from the unique stand up design of the BiCo Original Jig, you can also enjoy a jig that’s free of any and all lead which does wonders for protecting the environment. And with paint that won’t chip off in chunks like some other jigs on the market, you can rest assured this is a long-lasting bait you can use along several fishing trips.
Recommended? Absolutely! This jig is not only sturdy and durable, but it’s a powerful force that can rip through weeds with ease and stand up straight along the floor to catch bass more frequently and easily.
- Stand up design skips through the water with ease.
- Unique nose allows it to slip through weeds with ease.
- Paint won’t chip off.
- Lead free.
- Used for flipping or swimming.
- The head may become bent over time.
2. Wtrees #2700 Best Bass Jigs Set – Excellent Assortment for All Types of Fishing
When it comes to finding the best bass jigs for your fishing line, it can be quite a challenge; especially if you’re trying to catch a multitude of different sized bass. But instead of trying to pull together your own mix-and-match assortment of bass jigs, why not by a set that’s all ready to go? With the Wtrees #2700 Best Bass Jigs Set, you get a collection of wonderful jigs that will more than likely give you plenty of catches.
With the #2700 Best Bass Jigs Set, you are given a variety of jigs to choose from when you head out on the water: you get 10 pieces of football bass jigs, plus an extra 2 pieces of critter hogs that are smaller in size. This means that you can allow yourself to use more than one jig during your fishing experience, enhancing your chances of catching some serious game.
All of the bass jigs included in this set are noted to be very sharp on the ends for easy catching, while the durability ensures that they are long lasting. Finished to perfection, the soft and attractive skirts are an easy way to lure in some game so you’re more than likely to leave the water a happy fisherman. If you are looking for a great set to own, this may be the one for you.
Recommended? Yes. This set is recommended because it gives you options between a bigger and smaller sized lure to handle all your game needs.
- Includes 10 football bass jigs and 2 critter hogs.
- Sharp, durable, and strong hooks.
- Finished with a soft and attractive skirting.
- May need to adjust the skirt size on smaller lures.
- Quality may not be as great as on other bass jigs.
3. Terminator Pro’s Jig – Universal Bass Jig
Every fishman prefers a different type of fishing style. Some may enjoy flipping, while another enjoys casting, and the other guy loves to pitch. But not every bass jig is compatible with every type of fishing style, which can mean you’re stuck to using just a single fishing style, or maybe two at most. But with the Terminator Pro’s Jig, you can use it with every type of fishing style thanks to its universal approach.
When it comes to the Terminator Pro’s Jig, you can expect a lot of great things from front to end. From the rough and tough VMC black nickel hooks that catch in seconds to the to the skirt and rattle for added fish attraction, you can feel comfortable that this bait has what it takes to get the job done.
Aside from the benefits of the design, you will also love the fact the Terminator Pro’s Jig has a uniquely made nylon weedguard that will ensure it doesn’t get snagged on those pesky weeds, while a stainless steel wire keeps trailers in place with ease.
Recommended? Yes. To put it simply, this is a do-it-all bass jig that will get the job done and ensure that there is no snagging, enhanced fish attraction, and overall durability and strength while catching bass of all sizes, in any fishing style.
- Nylon weedguard keeps snagging at bay.
- Stainless steel wire holds trailers.
- Silicone skirt.
- One rattler.
- Strong and sharp VMC hooks.
- Variety of color options.
- Skirt lacks security from the band and may shift.
- Paint may chip.
- Does not sit upright.
4. Swim Jigs with 3D Realistic Eyes – Exceptional and Durable 3 Pack
What’s better than one bass jig you can trust? Three bass jigs you can trust! With the Swim Jigs 3D Realistic Eyes 3 Pack, you get a total of three intriguingly designed bass jigs that come equipped with a 90s stand silicone skirt and hand painted eyes that are likely to catch the attention of any fish that may cross its path.
Aside from the beautiful, attractive design of these bass jigs, you can enjoy some other great, essential qualities as well. Some things you can enjoy with this 3 pack is the fact that they are built in with a stainless steel wire that will hold trailers in place with ease, a weed guard to fend off snags and other fishing dilemas, and a strong, sharp hook that catches without a problem.
If you want a basic collection of bass jigs that will get the job done, you might like the Swim Jigs 3D Realistic Eyes 3 Pack. Add these attention-grabbing bass jigs and have the option of switching up your regular routine with something that’s creative and fun.
Recommended? Yes. While these bass jigs may be somewhat simplistic, they will more than likely still get the job done and have incredible reviews. Buying a three pack means you won’t have to worry about purchasing new jigs any time soon, and these make an excellent addition to any collection that’s lacking pizazz.
- Hand painted eyes that catch fishes attention.
- 90s strand silicone skirt.
- Trailer keeper.
- Sharp hook.
- Should mostly be used on larger game.
5. BiCO Box – Bass Fishing Jigs Set – Five Star Bass Jig Collection
We went on and on earlier about how much we love the BiCo Bass Jigs. To put it simply, they have some of the toughest and sharpest hooks on the market which makes them perfect for snagging game, but the benefits of these bass jigs go far beyond the hooks to the actual design themselves, allowing them to be stand up jigs that skip through water and deter weeds with ease.
But if I told you, that you could actually buy an entire set of these fabulous bass jigs for a great price? This would mean that you not only have a great jig that will get the job done, but you have a collection of 6 or 12 BiCO bass jigs that will keep you catching all day long.
With the BiCO Box Bass Fishing Jigs Set, you get the durability and stability in a jig that you have always wanted. No longer do you have to worry about snagging in the weeds or being let down by a hook that just won’t sink into your game. Equipped with all the bells and whistles to get the job done, you’ll be happy you made the choice to buy 6 or 12 BiCO bass jigs at once, complete with a handy box that keeps all your jigs handy and ready to go in a flash.
Recommended? To just say yes would be an understatement. As you can see, we are huge fans of BiCO bass jigs because they are sturdy and durable and offer some incredible benefits. We love the set because you can buy 6 or 12 at a time and they come with their own personal box for handiness and storage.
- Durable, sharp Owner hooks that catch with ease.
- Set of 6 or 12 that come with a unique box for storage.
- Weedless lures prevent snagging and other dilemmas.
- Lead free and durable.
6. Reaction Tackle Tungsten Flipping Jigs (2-Pack) – Perfect for Flipping
If you are a fisherman that enjoys the art of flipping, then you’re probably in need of a reliable bass jig that’s specifically designed for flipping: and that’s where the Reaction Tackle Tungsten Flipping Jig comes into play. With this bass jig, you are set up with a reliable flipping jig that comes in a 2 pack so you can enjoy many trips to the ocean without needing to buy a new jig.
What we love about the Reaction Tackle Tungsten Flipping Jig is they are smaller and more sensitive, which means they can whip around the water with ease. They won’t get hung up on weeds or other troublesome areas, which means less time struggling with your line and more time catching fish. With 97% tungsten and chip resistant paint, you know you are buying a bass jig that can stand the test of time.
Recommended? We certainly recommend this two pack of bass jigs if you’re a flipping fisherman and you enjoy the art of flipping the best. These jigs are made specifically for flipping and have a lightweight approach that is excellent for gliding through the water without snagging or other potential problems, which means more fish in the boat.
- 2 Pack means more bang for your buck.
- 97% tungsten and lead free.
- Lightweight but durable.
- Won’t get caught in weeds or other troublesome areas.
- For flipping fishing.
- Chip resistant and diamond polished.
- A bit more pricey than other bass jigs on the market.
7. BiCO Baccarac Jig – Reliable Bass Jig for Deep Waters
Anyone who has ever gone deep sea fishing knows how important it is to have weight on your bait. That being said, we’re proud to introduce the deep sea fishermen of the world to the BiCO Baccarac Jig.
If you couldn’t tell already, we love BiCO bass jig products because they are made with the highest quality materials you can find, and they are always reliable and durable products that will get the job done; and the BiCO Baccarac Jig is no exception!
The BiCO Baccarac Jig were designed for deep sea fishing where weight is a big issue. You need enough weight to keep the jig down to the ground, and that’s what this product is all about. Designed with wide, rounded top that can glide across and around rocks with ease and a flat bottom to stand up straight on the ocean floor, you can feel confident in your bass jig to get through the deeper, treacherous waters without a problem. Finishing with a sharp and powerful Owner hook, catching large game has never been easier.
Recommended? If you are a deep sea fishermen or planning on doing it anytime in the future, we highly recommend this product. It has the weight and design to keep things working fluidly even the depths of the ocean while ensuring you catch plenty of game with its unique craftsmanship and sturdy, sharp Owner hook.
- Rounded ball slides across weeds and rocks with ease.
- Plenty of weight to stay at the bottom of the water.
- Sturdy, sharp Owner hook.
- Stand up design stays straight at the bottom.
8. Heavy Mat Jig with Self-Righting Jig Head – Best for Use in Heavy Vegetation
If you find yourself fishing for bass in an area where weeds and vegetation are growing like wildfire, you may find that your bass jig gets caught time and time again. This can cause quite a frustration, right? So what’s the best bass jigs for areas where there is a lot of mat and heavy vegetation that loves to snag on bass jigs? We’ll tell you: the Heavy Mat Jig with Self-Righting Jig Head.
The Heavy Mat Jig with Self-Righting Jig Head prides itself on being the product that can withstand the mat and the elements with ease. With the dual weed guard, slipping through even the thickest vegetation is no challenge. The self-righting jig head ensures that it stays upright and ready to catch, while dual magnum rattles catch the attention of larger game and lures them in. With a 100% silicone skirt and a trailer that’s built in, this bass jig is ready to take on the toughest challenges the water has to throw him. Excellent!
Recommended? Well, yes! In areas with plenty of mat, you need a bass jig that can handle the toughness- and this bass jig is it. The dual weed guard is awesome for dealing with excessive vegetation, while a dual rattle catches fishes attention quickly and easily.
- Dual weed guard can push through even the toughest and thickest mat.
- Dual rattles catch the attention of larger fish.
- Self-righting head keeps it staying upright and ready to catch.
- 100% silicone skirt.
- Built in trailer.
- May be a bit wide.
9. Strike King Hack Attack Heavy Cover Jig Bait – Sneakiest Heavy Cover Jig, Gets Them Where They Hide
When you are looking to catch fish that like to hide in areas of deep-cover weeds, like crappie and bass, you need an extra special jig to maneuver through the debris without getting trapped. The Strike King Hack Attack Jig is specifically designed to be used under heavy cover and provide a greater chance of catching your target without snagging or worse losing your jig.
The Hack Attack jig features a 30-degree angle on the tie line coupled with a heavy hook made of Gamakatsu black nickel (only available on the Strike King Jig). The heavy weed guard helps the jig to move easily through the densest weeds without the hook getting snagged. For best results, use this jig with heavier braided or fluorocarbon lines and heavy power rods.
Available in 11 colors to meet your personality and fishing needs. Jigs range from 0.375 ounces to 1.25 ounces depending on color and current availability.
- Designed specifically for fishing in an area of dense weeds and heavy cover
- Dynamic attack with 30-degree tie line angle
- Only jig made from Gamakatsu black nickel
- Heavy weed guard
- Available in 11 colors
- Sizes from 0.375 ounces to 1.25 ounces
- The hook is larger than similarly designed jigs, may not work well on some fish species
- Paint on jig head may chip or flake with regular use or if used in rocky areas
10. Last Cast Tackle Tungsten Bass Flipping Jig – Affordable Medium to Heavy Cover Jig – 2 pack
You get double the fun with this 2-pack bass flipping jig set from Last Cast Tackle. Each jib features a color-matched jig head and full weed guard for maneuvering through the difficult cover. The hook is made of Tungsten steel which provides strength and durability to snag even the wiliest fish.
This two-pack of jigs are available in 4 vibrant and attractive colors and for different weights from 3/8 oz. to 1.0 oz., so you are sure to find the jig size perfect for your target fish. Each jig includes a durable weed guard that protects the jig during casting, dragging, and snagging. Great for still water or low current fishing where cover tends to be denser. Designed to be coupled with heavier lines and durable rods for the best fishing experience.
- Budget-friendly two-pack
- Made of Tungsten steel for durability and strength
- Color-matched jig head and weed guard for added stealth
- Available in 4 vibrant colors to attract many types of fish
- Weights from 3/8 ounces to a full 1.0 ounces
- Medium weed guard that disguises but doesn’t cover hook end for a more successful catch
- Limited color choice
- Hook angle may be hard to grab some types of fish
- Steel jig may sink too quickly for effective weed guard movement
11. Booyah Baby Boo Jig – Most Affordable Jig
When it comes to fishing supplies, jigs get the short stick. All the attention is taken up by rods, lines, and spools. But the jig needs its time to shine and what better jig to talk about than the Booyah Baby Boo Jig? With a slightly smaller profile, you will not find a more effective downsized bass jig than the Baby Boo.
The Baby Boo may be small but it is made with the integrity or a larger jig. The central part is made out of a 60-strand silicone skirt that undulates and swims in the water like a little jellyfish. The number of strands attracts fish for easier baiting and catching. The conehead shape and vertical positioning of the tie line keep the bob upright in the water and prevents it from rolling over and tangling in itself. A small weed guard protects the black nickel hook from snags and damage.
No matter if you are fishing through weeds and vegetation or stones and wood, the Baby Boo will hold up to the elements. The silicone strands are extremely durable and resistant to temperature changes so you can fish in virtually any water temperature and conditions. It works equally well for shallow and deep water fishing
The Baby Boo is also very sensitive. Even the smallest bites register and the silicon skirt stand out against the water so you can easily see when it is being bitten. The Baby Boo is designed for use with 8-10 lbs lines but works equally well on other kinds.
Lastly, the Baby Boo is very affordable, starting as low as $3. So if you need a great performing jig that will not break the bank, the Booyah Baby Boo is a great choice.
- Very affordable
- Silicon strands are very durable
- Black nickel hook is very strong
- Some may prefer a larger jig
12. thkfish Fishing Jigs – Realistic Swimming Action
Have you ever wondered if you could find a bass jig that would essentially come to life and be more attractive and alluring to fish than ever before? Well, sure you have- this would mean more fish coming your way, and a better chance at catching some bass. Let me introduce you to the thkfish Fishing Jigs- the set that allows you to bring your jigs to life and allow for more easy catching in the water!
The thkfish Fishing Jigs set is an essential item for any fisherman out there. The skirt collar combines with a plastic keeper which not only keeps things together, tight, and looking sharp, but allows for swimming action that is completely irresistible to bass. With this swimming motion, you’re likely to catch the eye of a variety of fish- including bass- which will want to get close and be snagged by the ultra-sharp hook that’s found on these best bass jigs.
Aside from the unique swimming feature of these bass jigs, you can feel comfortable knowing you’re buying a product that’s colorful, vibrant, sharp, and durable in the water- all of the things necessary to make sure you’re catching some larger and nicer game.
Recommended? Yes. We like this set of bass jigs because they offer a swimming motion combined with rattles for the highest level of attention-grabbing on the market. With sharp hooks and a weed guard built in, these jigs whip through rock and vegetation with ease while snatching game easily thanks to the ultra-sharp tips.
- Realistic swimming action.
- Silicone skirt and plastic keeper.
- Vibrant colors.
- Sharp hooks.
- Weed guard.
- Paint chips easily.
- No natural colors.
- What bass jig is right for me? Buying the right bass jig can be quite a challenge. First and foremost, you should pay attention to the type of fishing you do. If you enjoy flipping, you should find a bass jig that is specifically designed to handle flipping. If you prefer to do casting, then look for a casting jig. You should also pay close attention to where you’re fishing. A fisherman that spends more time in heavy vegetative and weedy areas should find a bass jig that’s weighted and can withstand larger mat without snagging. Taking all of these things into consideration is essential when purchasing a bass jig.
- Should my bass jig have rattles? Some people prefer rattles while others do not. There is no problem with doing trial and error when buying a bass jig, and trying a jig with and without a rattle will give you a better idea on what your preference is.
- What type of material is best? There are many materials found with bass jigs, and each material has their own pros and cons. Some materials are cheaper than others and should be used in shallower areas, while a stronger and more durable material will be needed for deep sea fishing where staying at the bottom is imperative.
There’s many pieces to the puzzle when it comes to successful bass fishing. One of those pieces is, of course, the bait you’re using. Bass jigs have been widely successful when it comes to catching bass of all shapes and sizes, which is why they are so frequently used by fisherman catching bass. Finding the right bass jig for you will depend on your needs and where you’re fishing, as well as the type of fishing you prefer. Take care to do ample research before buying so you pick the right best bass jigs for you.